Today I was nominated by Maaike from Floating In Dreams for the Liebster Award. Firstly, thank you Maaike for the nomination!
Secondly, although I’ve seen this “award” around I’ve never really quite understood what it’s all about or more… what the aim of it was. Basically the aim is to share the love, get and provide more exposure for smaller blogs (fewer than 200-500 followers).
It comes with some rules (see below) which have changed a few times since it first started – mostly it’s a bit of fun and sharing the love.
So the rules I’m following are:
- Make a post about the Liebster Award & thank the blogger who nominated you
- State 11 interesting facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 5 – 11 new bloggers with 500 followers or less (make sure you tell them they’re nominated!)
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees
So without further ado…
- I’m a complete geek. I mostly read sci-fi or fantasy and my DVD collection is much the same (plus Studio Ghibli and Disney). I own lightsaber (it a replica not a toy!) and I’m working on building a Lego Millenium Falcon. Oh and video games.
- I am a bibliophile – I love books and collect them. 99% of the books I read I keep. My to-read list is neverending and always growing. I’ve already read 8 books so far this year.
- I have crazy dreams to which there is rarely any rhyme or reason. Example: A few nights ago I dreamt I flew to Germany, but the hotel was in the basement of a multistory car park which was super creepy. The elevator in the hotel was a whole room that moved from floor to floor and there was a “bowling alley” – I put that in quotes because it was just plastic cups and an apple for a ball. And that isn’t even the weirdest dream I’ve had.
- I”m a homebody. I like being at home. I like me time. I need me time. That doesn’t mean I don’t like going out to the movies or to eat or to visit friends though, I just really enjoy the comfort of being at home.
- Despite suffering from hayfever (which seems to be getting worse every year) I love being in the countryside, it relaxes me and refreshes me.
- I have too much nail polish (is that even possible?) -okay maybe not too much but there are some I haven’t even worn yet. I just love nail polish!
- Even though I love nail polish, I keep my nails short. I can’t stand having long nails anymore, I think because I always used to have long nails as a child. Plus my nails grow really fast!
- I’m not shy but I am quite an introvert. I’m not anti-social either, it’s just that if I don’t know you – I’m not going to strike up a conversation. Infact I’ll be the one sitting quietly trying not to be the centre of attention in way whatsoever. However, if I’m with friends…try shutting me up.
- I’m an animal lover. There’s not
manyany animals I don’t love. I mean I’m not keen on spiders and insects particularly but they still fascinate me – I just don’t you know… want to cuddle them.
- I have a sweet tooth, a major sweet tooth. This is not good for dieting/healthy eating so I have to control myself!
- I love sleep. Particularly when you just so relaxed before you fall asleep, it’s such a good feeling.
1./ Why did you start your blog?
Originally? Wow, I’m not sure I remember the whole reason. However suffice to say I wanted a place to share my interests and write.
2./ What is your favorite place?
Anywhere with my dog. I feel lost without him. But I guess in geographical terms I love The Netherlands and I love just being in the countryside in general.
3./ What beauty product would you suggest to anyone in a heartbeat?
Hmmm a difficult one because everyone has different skin types. I think right now it would be the collection 2000 concealer, it just works so well and they have a good light shade too.
4./ What is the best experience of your life?
Not sure I can pick one! Hmmm I’m going to go with my trip to The Netherlands last year as it was such a big step for me, I had so much fun and ugh… it’s hard to describe to someone not in my position but it was just like huge milestone whilst having a blast with friends.
5./ Favorite music?
I love rock music or like rock/pop mostly. I like a little bit of everything though I guess, to me if I like a song I like a song, doesn’t matter what genre it’s in.
6./ If you’d win 1000 dollars in gift vouchers, at which store would you spend it and what would you buy?
I’m not sure I know of a store because I’d like somewhere that sells a bit of everything. So Amazon? That counts right? I’d probably buy another bookshelf, more books, DVDs, a new camera…. so many possibilities!
7./ Favorite magazines?
I honestly don’t really read magazines.
8./ Do you have a ‘pamper routine’, if so, what is it?
Hot bath with Radox Stress Relief bubble bath or Gok Wan Gorgeous bubble bath. Clean bed sheets. Candles in some nice fresh clean scent like clean cotton burning. Get into bed and read with a smoothie.
9./ What’s your quirky habit?
I don’t think I have any? Or maybe I just don’t realise I have one?
10./ What will your life be like in 10 years?
I have no idea but I hope I’m happy/content.
11./ Favorite childhood memory?
Eating nutella on crackers whilst watching Saturday morning cartoons.
Okay so I nominate…
My questions for the above people are…
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s your biggest regret?
- Favourite Author?
- What would be the title of your autobiography?
- You have three wishes, but you can’t use them for yourself or for your person gain. What do you wish for?
- Who inspires you?
- What piece of technology couldn’t you get by without?
- What book are you reading right now?
- What was your favourite TV show/cartoon as a child?
- Favourite quote?
- Where do you hope your life is at in a years time?
Okay… and go!