Lately my life has been very stressful, I won’t go into details but I’ve definitely had to up my game on combating stress. And of course the main way to do this is to relax, chill out and de-stress. So I thought I’d share some things I do to relax.
- Take a bath or shower – may sound obvious or quite normal in fact but I do find it really does help. Makes me feel clean, fresh and I can shut the world out for 10-20 minutes whilst I’m in the bathroom.
- Watch cartoons/favourite TV program – in all honesty, I don’t watch that much TV – so when I’m stressed, I’ll mind my favourite TV show online or cartoons – preferably comedy or cartoons because these don’t have anything to be stressed about them in either.
- Take a nap – stress is very tiring, if you need to sleep then sleep. It will make you feel better.
- Read – Especially before bed, allows me to wind down and focus on something else other than the things stressing me out; escaping to another world and relaxing myself so I can fall asleep more easily.
- Drink plenty of water or cordial – being hydrated makes life much easier on your body – or at least on mine.
- Go for a walk – doesn’t have to be a long one, just go – be away from things for at least 5 minutes.
- See Friends – or even just talk to them on the phone, people who you are really comfortable with. You don’t even have to talk about what’s making you stressed if you don’t want to but believe me it will help.
And that’s how I relax – or at least try to. What do you do to relax and de-stress?