Back to blogging properly I think. I’m sure I’ve done a bookish type tag before but for the life of me I cannot find it.
- What is your favourite book?
I’m still in love with The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. It just one of those stories that stays with you.
- Who is your favourite author?
Brandon Sanderson, Roald Dahl and Robert Rankin.
- What genre do you prefer?
Fantasy, it’s probably obvious. But I read a bit of most genres apart from Chick-Lit, I just don’t really “get” chick-lit, it has to be something really special in that genre for me to read it (and like it).
- What is your favourite book series?
Oops, I already answered this in question 1! However I also love the Crowfield series by Pat Walsh and the Spells series by Aprilynne Pike.
- What books did you hate reading in school?
Anything Shakespeare. Don’t get me wrong, I see the value in learning older texts but I just think Shakespeare is overrated. Also To Kill A MockingBird by Harper Lee.
- What is the first book you remember reading as a child?
Usbornes First Thousand Words (English Obviously), I loved that book and I still have it.
- Bookstores or libraries?
I love both!!! I used to use the library loads when I was younger (as in at age 7 I would take out 8 books a week!), I use it less now – not because I don’t appreciate it but because I can buy (and keep) books for myself. I’m slowly creating my own library.
- How many books do you own?
400+ in physical books. 217 Kindle Books.
- Do you read before bed?
Yes most of the time.
- What is your most comfortable reading position?
Lying in bed. I love my comfort.
- What is the most recent book you read?
Finished: Clockwork Angels by Kevin J. Anderson. Currently Reading: Myths That Every Child Should Know: A Selection Of The Classic Myths Of All Times For Young People by Hamilton Wright Mabie.
- What quote from any book will you never forget? Why is it significant?
I suck at remember exact quotes unless I write them down. So um… pass!
- Science Fiction or Fantasy?
Fantasy. Though I do love Science Fiction also.
- What books do you regret reading?
The Phantom of Manhattan by Frederick Forsyth. Bad writing, bad story, just bleh. I thought it would be interesting as it was a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera, albeit by a different author.
- How large is your bookshelf?
I have a tall 5 shelf bookshelf…. it’s full. I have books in boxes, in my bedside cabinet and in piles everywhere.
- On average, how many books do you read per year?
- What book can you read hundreds of times and never get tired of?
Any Roald Dahl book, he’s just so much fun – even when your an adult.
- Do you like to read outside?
I really want to like reading outside but I just can’t seem to get into it. I think there’s just too much going on around me that my PTSD won’t allow me to sink into a book properly.
- What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from a book?
Hope is stronger than you think.
- Of the past year, what is the greatest book you’ve read?
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.
Not going to tag anyone specific, if you want to do it please do and leave me a link to your post in the comments below so I can check it out!